Golden Cross Academic Clinic
The Methodist Dallas Medical Center Golden Cross Academic Clinic
Golden Cross Clinic Location
122 W. Colorado Blvd. — across from Methodist Dallas Medical Center
Dallas, Texas 75208
214-947-6700 - phone
214-947-6701 - fax
Ample free parking is available. Located directly on a DART bus route.
Golden Cross Clinic Hours
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Methodist Dallas Medical Center Golden Cross Academic Clinic is an outpatient department of Methodist Dallas Medical Center and provides a location for a multi-specialty clinic serving patients in Oak Cliff, South Dallas, and surrounding neighborhoods, offering services in acute care, primary care, and chronic conditions.
- Asthma and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Coumadin clinic
- Diabetes management
- Heart disease
- Cold, flu, sinus infections, strep throat
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Internal Medicine has a Board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner who provides personalized primary care with a compassionate and multi-disciplinary approach for both routine preventive care and chronic disease management.
- Clinical Pharmacist
- The Golden Cross Academic Clinic has a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist on staff full time that can provide you with assistance in multiple ways. She is a board-certified medication management specialist who can provide supplemental assistance in addition to the care provided by your physician or nurse practitioner. She can visit with you by appointment to educate you about your medications and instruct you on how to take your medications safely and effectively. She can even adjust your medications to help you achieve your healthcare goals! Her services include the following disease states:
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Thinners
- Congestive Heart Failure
Obstetrics and Gynecology (OBGYN)
- Life Shines Bright Centering Pregnancy program
- Prenatal care
- Well-woman exams
- Office procedures for abnormal Pap smears
- IUD placement and removal
- Gynecology Oncology Clinic – diagnosis of and consultation for gynecological cancers including ovarian cancer and uterine cancer
Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine
A specialized, consultative service available for women who are experiencing a high risk pregnancy. Appointments are available by referral from OB/GYN providers only and can be obtained by calling 214-947-6777. Services include:
- High risk pregnancy management
- Genetic counseling
- Specialized detailed ultrasounds
- Antenatal fetal surveillance
- Early fetal diagnostic testing
Including surgical consultation and referral
- Cholecystitis – gallbladder surgery
- Hernia repair
- Breast sonograms
- Diagnosis of digestive disorders
- Treatment of chronic kidney disease
- MedAssist program – is a prescription drug assistance program that connects patients with drug companies that will provide certain high-cost medications free, including insulin, glucometers, and test strips, and certain medications for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, COPD, etc. MedAssist consists of an interdisciplinary team including a social worker, health educator, and a pharmacy technician.
The faculty physicians, residents, interns, registered nurses, and other health care professionals who staff the Golden Cross Academic Clinic provide compassionate care, health education, and outreach services to improve the health of the community.
The Golden Cross Academic Clinic is the principal teaching facility for the Methodist Health System Graduate Medical Education program.
Professional services at the Golden Cross Academic Clinic will be provided by medical residents supervised by physicians on the medical staff at Methodist Health System or by such physicians directly. Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System.