Pancreatic Surgery FAQs
Answers to Your Questions About Pancreas Surgery
Are you considering Whipple surgery, distal pancreatectomy with splenectomy surgery or total pancreatectomy surgery?
Download our patient guides to answer your questions about pancreatic surgery, including what pain will be like, what diet you can keep, sexual activity and bowel movement after pancreatic cancer surgery.
Pancreatic surgery guide questions include:
- Will I become diabetic after pancreatic surgery?
- Will my pain go away after pancreatic surgery?
- Can I resume sex after pancreatic surgery?
- Will I be able to go to the bathroom after pancreatic surgery?
- How will my appetite and diet change after pancreatic surgery?
Information contained on these pages has been gathered from independent sources and is for informational use only. It is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice and information provided by your health care provider. Any decision you make regarding your health care options should be made after consulting a qualified physician.
American Cancer Society
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
Staywell Health Library
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System.