Older Adult Behavioral Health
Short-term, crisis stabilization for mental health disorders and addiction
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
With a wing specifically designated for the older adult population, patients will be in a safe environment where they receive 24-hour nursing care by staff who are trained to assist with medical complexities that often affect older adults. Patients will benefit from group therapy, recreational activities, and individualized psychiatry and medical care to best meet their overall needs. Individuals over the age of 55 will be accommodated in private rooms and can benefit from the structure of our comprehensive program.
Inpatient services include but are not limited to the following:
- Individual case management
- Group therapy
- Family group and conjoint family therapy as needed
- Education about medication, nutrition, pain management, and wellness
- Education about coping skills, communication, and assertiveness
- Activities therapy
- Discharge planning
The program is based on the following beliefs:
- Treatment that offers a safe and therapeutic environment in which a patient can explore thoughts and feelings through a highly structured program promotes a more successful transition back to the patient's previous level of functioning.
- Psychiatric disorders involve a combination of biological and environmental factors that can be most effectively treated by a treatment team with a multidisciplinary approach to treatment.
- Psychiatric disorders may affect every member of the patient's family.
For more information, call Methodist Richardson's Mental Health Services HelpLine at 469-204-6920.
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Richardson Medical Center medical staff, including those physicians and psychiatrists practicing in the mental health and addication recovery fields, are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Richardson Medical Center or Methodist Health System.