Providing hope to heart patients through sophisticated technology and compassionate cardiovascular care
The hospitals of Methodist Health System offer a broad spectrum of cardiovascular services to combat heart disease—the number one cause of death in the United States.
Our comprehensive cardiovascular care includes:
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery for less pain and scarring and faster recovery
- Full range of diagnostic tests and treatments for heart disease and heart attacks
- Pacemaker with FDA-Approval for MRI Scan
- Anticoagulation Clinic to help people manage and monitor the effects of anti-blood clotting medications
- Cardiac rehabilitation programs to help patients regain and maintain heart health
Looking for a doctor who treats heart disease? Find a physician on the medical staff at Methodist Health System.
Your heart provides every organ, tissue, and cell in your body with a constant supply of oxygen-rich blood. When problems develop with this most vital of organs, the heart, advanced care is essential. Methodist Health System can help.
Learn more about cardiovascular services available at the hospitals of Methodist Health System:
Heart attack warning signs and symptoms
- Chest pain, which can feel like a tight ache, pressure, fullness, or squeezing in the center of your chest that lasts more than a couple of minutes — it may be constant or come and go
- The pain may spread to your arms, neck, and jaw or be isolated to just your arm or jaw
- Heartburn, indigestion, or upper abdominal pain alone or associated with chest pain
- Shortness of breath may start even before the chest pain, making you feel like you need to take deep breaths or pant
- Nausea is frequently present
- Palpitations or pounding irregular heart beats
- Diaphoresis (profuse sweating) may make you feel cold and clammy
- Light-headedness/dizziness can occur, making you feel like you might pass out
If you suspect that you or someone you know is having a heart attack, call 911 immediately, take an aspirin (if you aren’t allergic), and rest until the ambulance arrives.
Learn more about heart disease in the online health library. Take the coronary artery disease risk assessment from the online health library.
|Methodist Mansfield and Methodist Richardson
earned Chest Pain Center with PCI Accreditation
from the Society of Chest Pain Centers
|Methodist Richardson earned
Heart Failure Accreditation from
the Society of Chest Pain Centers
Methodist Dallas, Methodist Charlton, and Methodist Mansfield medical centers have received UnitedHealth Premium Interventional Cardiac Care Specialty Center designations. Methodist Richardson Medical Center has received a provisional one-year designation.
American College of Cardiology (ACC) Foundation’s NCDR ACTION Registry®–GWTG™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award
Methodist Dallas and Methodist Charlton were presented the Platinum Performance Achievement award for excellence in heart attack care at the American Heart Association (AHA) Scientific Sessions national meeting in Dallas in 2013.
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System or any of its affiliated hospitals.
The contents of this site are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consult with your physician or other health care provider regarding any medical conditions or decisions about medical care.