Methodist Dallas Auxiliary
Methodist Dallas Medical Center Auxiliary – serving the community for more than 90 years
Auxiliary Objective | History | Officers | Volunteer Opportunities | Scholarship Program | Membership | Meeting Schedule
Objective of the Methodist Dallas Medical Center Auxiliary
The objective of the Methodist Dallas Medical Center Auxiliary shall be to stimulate interest of Christian persons regardless of their religious affiliations in the spirit of serving, with compassion, integrity and respect, for the programs of Methodist Dallas Medical Center.
History of the Auxiliary
Organized in 1922, the Auxiliary has supported Methodist Dallas Medical Center for 95 years; through funding special needs and through contributing 1,919 hours for 2017 in volunteer time; a value of $48,271.90 per the independent sector of $25.15 per hour. Auxilians made the following 2017 donations a reality through continued giving and support!
2017 Donations include:
- Funded 4 Nursing Scholarships & 1 Health Careers Scholarship
- Donated to Pastoral Care Education & Faith Community Nursing Education
- Donation for inpatient chronic care management program(Diabetes)
- Donation for sexual assault nurse examiner program (SANE)
- Donation for Oak Cliff’s Works MDMC Patient Care Technician
- Donations to Pharmacy fund
2017 – 2018 Auxiliary Officers
- Faye Cocke & Jane Morris – Co-Presidents
- Briana Brown & Phyllis Cummins – Co-Presidents Elect
- – Vice President Programs
- Joyce Whiteley – Vice President Clinical and Social Services
- Rosalyn Swan – Recording Secretary
- M. Ellece Reese – Corresponding Secretary
- Clarice Harding – Treasurer
- Lu Hester – Parliamentarian
- Trining Yadav – Chairperson Scholarship Funds Committee
Meeting Information & Auxiliary Programs
First Thursday of the month (except for January, June, July, and August) 10 a.m. to noon
Methodist Dallas Medical Center
Hitt Building, David H. Hitt Auditorium
1441 N. Beckley Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75203
The General Meeting programs include informative health care information, history of the auxiliary and the Methodist Dallas Medical Center. Also, we educate our members about the programs provided by Methodist Dallas to enhance the lives of the people of the community, such as the Oak Cliff’s Works MDMC Patient Care Technician’s program; the training nurses receive in the SANE program. These programs keep us informed about how our involvement with the MDMC Auxiliary makes a difference in the lives of others. In addition we take time for luncheons, entertainment and fun!!! Membership in the Auxiliary only requires a caring heart!
Help to continue this great work by sharing your time and talents. Interested in joining the Methodist Dallas Medical Center Auxiliary? We welcome new auxiliary members and volunteers. Contact Faye Cocke, Co-president by email: email@example.com
Gift Shop Staffing
Monday through Friday — 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday — 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Masquerade Jewelry and accessories Sale
- Sewing or knitting of quilts, blankets, caps for premature babies, and other items for patients (patterns are available)
- Making small tray favors
| Methodist Dallas Gift Shop
Rules and Procedures to apply for Lela Putnum-Glover Nursing Scholarship & Lillian Wesson Health Careers Scholarship Fund
- Scholarship recipients must be a resident of Dallas /Fort Worth Metroplex
- Scholarship applications for the fall semester must be received by March 15. Scholarship applications for the spring semester must be received by October 15.
- Scholarship applications will be considered and approved by the Methodist Dallas Medical Center Auxiliary Scholarships Committee members. Two (2) $500 Nursing scholarships & Two (2) $500 Health Career scholarships are available each semester.
- Scholarship fund must be paid to the nursing school, college or educational institution.
- Scholarship recipients, after receiving the first scholarship, may only receive one additional scholarship.
Please submit application to
Methodist Dallas Medical Center Auxiliary
ATTN: Gift Shop, Trining Yadav, MDMCA Scholarship Committee Chairperson
1441 North Beckley Avenue
Dallas, TX 75203
If hand delivered take to Gift Shop.
Please click on the link for application. Follow instructions for returning and processing of your application,
If any questions, concerns, corrections or comments, please e-mail Trining Yadav firstname.lastname@example.org