Methodist Charlton Joint Academy
Preparing joint replacement candidates — mentally and physically — for surgery
Methodist Charlton Medical Center offers total joint replacement surgery, using the latest minimally invasive techniques, to replace painful hip, knee, or shoulder joints damaged by injury, deformity, or degenerative diseases such as arthritis, to restore mobility and quality of life with less pain and recovery time. Methodist offers total joint replacement surgery using the latest minimally invasive techniques to restore mobility and quality of life with less pain and recovery time.
Better informed, better outcomes
The Methodist Joint Academy is a free educational workshop that helps prepare "students" both mentally and physically for upcoming joint replacement surgery, the best possible surgical outcome, and a faster return to normal daily activity.
After scheduling hip or knee replacement surgery with an orthopedic surgeon on the Methodist medical staff, students attend the Methodist Charlton Joint Academy. Held on the hospital campus, the Joint Academy offers a comfortable learning environment with a handful of fellow patients. The one-day program includes:
- A concierge to greet and guide you to your classroom
- Express registration to eliminate delays the day of surgery
- Engaging classroom instruction about what to expect from pre-op, joint replacement surgery, and recovery — taught by Methodist Joint Academy clinical specialists
- A tour of the orthopedic floor, designed specifically for the needs and comfort of joint replacement surgery patients
- Discussion with a small group of fellow joint replacement patients to build camaraderie and provide motivation and support after hip or knee surgery
- A "uniform" – t-shirt and shorts with the Methodist Joint Academy logo
- Free parking
Learn more about the Methodist Charlton Joint Academy and find an orthopedic surgeon on the medical staff of Methodist Health System by calling 214-947-0044 or 1-866-584-8104.
Listen and learn
Listen to the Methodist Joint Academy radio spot.
Methodist Charlton has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ for its Orthopedic Joint Replacement Program (hip and knee) by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for health care quality and safety.
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff, including those practicing in connection with the Methodist Joint Academy, are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System, Methodist Dallas Medical Center, Methodist Charlton Medical Center, or Methodist Mansfield Medical Center.