Methodist Charlton Medical Center
Modern teaching and community hospital serving southwest Dallas County since 1975
Located in suburban southwest Dallas, Methodist Charlton Medical Center is a modern teaching and full-service general acute care community hospital that has served the thriving community in far southwest Dallas County since 1975.
Methodist Charlton Medical Center is proud to offer the latest in medical technology and innovative treatments, close to your home. Areas of distinction include:
- Named one of the nation's top performers on key quality measures by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America.
- Named a top performer in a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Premier healthcare alliance value-based purchasing (VBP) project that rewards hospitals for delivering high quality care in five clinical areas
- Level II Special Care Nursery, providing specialized care for babies who need more than routine medical care
- Comprehensive Cancer Program, including a full range of sophisticated, compassionate, and progressive cancer treatment services
- Emergency care available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- A newly renovated Intensive Care Unit that features some of the latest equipment and technology with larger rooms to allow more space for equipment and visiting family members
- An Intermediate Care Unit, adding a new level of comprehensive care for hospital patients. The Intermediate Care Unit staff provides care to patients with acute pulmonary, medical, surgical, and cardiac conditions who may not require the services of the Intensive Care Unit, but do require a higher level of care and observation.
- Full-service interventional cardiology services include cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, and implantable defibrillators
American College of Cardiology (ACC) Foundation’s NCDR ACTION Registry®–GWTG™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award for excellence in heart attack care
- da Vinci® Surgical System, robot-assisted, minimally invasive surgery
- Diagnostic radiology, digital mammography, as well as interventional radiology
- The Methodist Joint Academy, helping to prepare minimally invasive hip and knee joint replacement patients for the best possible surgical outcome, a speedy recovery, and a faster return to normal daily activity after joint replacement surgery
The Hip Joint Replacement and Knee Joint Replacement programs at Methodist Charlton have both been certified by The Joint Commission.
- A radiology department that offers sophisticated diagnostic and treatment technologies, including ultrasounds, CT scans, interventional radiology, PET scans, and nuclear medicine scans
- Inpatient Long Term Acute Care Unit designed to offer patients a longer length of stay and a more resource-intensive level of physician and nursing care
- Inpatient Hospice Unit to offer families support and care for loved ones who are nearing the end of life
- QuickCare Clinic – providing care for patients of all ages – from newborns to seniors – for minor and common illnesses and non-life-threatening emergencies, open late and on weekends
- Quality Respiratory Care Recognition (QRCR) from the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) for helping patients and families make informed decisions about the quality of the respiratory care services available in hospitals.
- Methodist Charlton Sleep Diagnostic Center, opened in spring 2013
- Certified Stroke Care – designated as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association
- Women and Children's services, including the Life Shines Bright Pregnancy Program
- One of only four Family Medicine Residency programs in the area
- In 2014, Methodist Charlton was named Large Business of the Year by the Lancaster Chamber of Commerce.
- In 2013, Methodist Charlton was honored with the Pioneer Award from the Duncanville Chamber of Commerce, given to a business or person involved in public or community service activities that enhance the quality of life for Duncanville citizens.
- Voted Best Hospital in the 2013 DeSoto Chamber of Commerce and Focus Daily News Reader’s Choice Awards
- Methodist Charlton has been recognized among the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures™ by The Joint Commission for achieving excellence in using evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and stroke during the 2012 calendar year.
With the completion of the patient bed tower, Methodist Charlton reached a whole new level of care and compassion. The new patient bed tower features:
- Spacious, modern patient rooms with flat screen TVs and wireless Internet connections
- Three nurses stations per patient floor
- Nursing alcove for each pair of patient rooms, providing greater access to nurses
- A new surgery suite with seven operating rooms, including one specially designed for heart surgery
- A new dedicated orthopedic unit with a rehabilitation room for patients and their families
- Bright, open lobby with a coffee shop nearby
- Larger dining area offering guests a comfortable place to eat and relax
- Redesigned front entrance opening on to Westmoreland Road
- Expanded free visitor parking
View maps and directions for up-to-date parking and facility information.
Methodist Charlton Medical Center
3500 W. Wheatland Road
Dallas, Texas 75237
214-947-0000 — physician referral service
877-637-4297 — physician referral service toll-free
PatientRepCharlton@mhd.com – for comments or questions about your hospital stay
Methodist Charlton Medical Center at a glance*
| Licensed beds
| Residents trained
| ER visits
| Patient discharges
| Outpatient visits
(includes ED visits)
| Active volunteers
| *2013 data
Methodist Charlton Medical Center, where medicine is our ministry. Where healing is believing. Where hearts are perfectly content. Where excellence is delivered daily. Where life shines bright.
Watch video testimonials about the impact of Methodist Charlton on the Best Southwest Dallas area and its residents.
Click on an image to watch a video.
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System.