Volunteering at the hospitals of Methodist Health System
Friendly faces, support, and helping hands — when a person or their loved one is sick, these simple gestures can take on a world of new meaning. There’s no doubt that volunteering at Methodist Health System makes a difference.
In 2014, more than 1,374 community members volunteered at Methodist, donating more than 158,680 hours of service!
Our volunteers did everything from greeting people at the door to helping in the emergency department, working in the hospital gift shop to delivering flowers and mail to patients, staffing the information desks to answering calls. The possibilities are as unique as you are. No matter what your skills or interests, our volunteer programs have a volunteer opportunity for you.
For more information, use the links on this page or call the Volunteer Services department at the hospital where you’d like to volunteer:
Methodist Dallas Volunteer Services – 214-947-2975
- Methodist Dallas is actively recruiting adult volunteers able to commit to a 4-5 hour shift per week to join our team. If you are interested in joining the MDMC Volunteer Team, please complete the application and we will be in contact with you.
- Junior Volunteer applications will be accepted March 10-31, 2017. Applicants must be current high school students or 2017 graduates, ages 16-18 years old. Applicants are required to attend orientation and complete health requirements as insctructed in application.
Methodist Charlton Volunteer Services – 214-947-7676
- Methodist Charlton is currently accepting applications for adult community volunteers who are available to work a weekly 4-5 hour shift.
- Junior Volunteer applications will be accepted March 1st- March 31st. Any application received outside of these dates will not be considered. Junior volunteers must be 14 years of age by June 1, 2017 in order to apply. There is a mandatory Parent Information session April 20th at 6:30 that each potential volunteer must attend with at least one parent.
Methodist Mansfield Volunteer Services – 682-622-7301
- Methodist Mansfield is currently not accepting junior volunteer applications.
Methodist Richardson Volunteer Services – 469-204-1000
- Methodist Richardson is actively recruiting adult shift volunteers for all available days. If you are interested in joining the Methodist Richardson auxiliary, please fill out an application online.
- Junior volunteer applications are no longer being accepted for the 2017 session.
Junior volunteers must be 14 years of age by June 1st, 2017 in order to apply.
College applications are currently being accepted for the 2017 fall semester. Please apply online at the above link.