Gastric sleeve bariatric surgery at the Methodist Weight Management Institute
What is gastric sleeve weight-loss surgery or vertical sleeve gastrectomy?
- Gastric sleeve reduces the size of your stomach.
- The surgeon staples a large portion of the stomach closed.
- This creates a thin stomach sleeve that holds about 4 to 5 ounces of food, about as much as a small banana.
- The amount that can be eaten at a meal is restricted, making you feel full on less food. The body digests and absorbs calories normally.
Advantages of gastric sleeve weight-loss surgery
- Gastric sleeve is laparoscopic or minimally invasive weight-loss surgery
- Gastric sleeve can start the weight-loss process for patients who are too obese for other forms of weight-loss surgery
Risks associated with gastric sleeve weight-loss surgery
- Risk of infection
- Risk of leakage of the sleeve
- Stomach may stretch over time leading to weight gain
Contact the Methodist Weight Management Institute
Take the first step toward better health today. Contact the Methodist Weight Management Institute at 214-947-0004, toll-free 1-866-500-1852, or e-mail email@example.com.
Schedule a consultation with an independently practicing physician at the Methodist Weight Management Institute.
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff, including those practicing at the Methodist Weight Management Institute, are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System or any of its affiliated hospitals.