RN Refresher Course
Methodist Health System's RN Refresher Course is designed for registered nurses who are preparing to return to active employment in an acute-care facility after a leave of absence or hiatus. This 16-week Course, offered at Methodist Dallas Medical Center in collaboration with Methodist Charlton Medical Center and Methodist Richardson Medical Center, will give nurses the opportunity to gain and apply current knowledge, technology, and clinical experiences to previously acquired formal nursing education and skills competency.
The next RN Refresher Course will be announced at a later date.
- 16-week refresher course
- Combines online class work with skills workshops and 80 hours of supervised clinical experience
- Clinicals are held at Methodist Dallas, Methodist Charlton, or Methodist Richardson medical centers
- Fulfills all Texas Board of Nursing requirements for licensure reinstatement. Does not meet requirements for FENS Refresher Course.
- Must be an active or inactive licensed registered nurse
- Must have computer: PC or Mac desktop or laptop with internet access (DSL or faster)
- Must be able to attend all mandatory skills workshops. No make-up dates.
- Must have current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR card
- All immunizations must be current (MMR or positive titer, Tetanus/Diphtheria within past 10 years, Hepatitis B series)
- Tuberculosis screening: Mantoux/PPD or Chest X-ray
- Flu vaccine is required
- Clinical experience includes 80 hours of direct patient care at the bedside
Tuition and Fees
- Course tuition is $895
- RN Refresher packet, which includes online skills video series and nursing review book with online access, is approximately $400
- Criminal background check is $42
- Royal blue scrubs
Application and Contact
Following application, candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview and testing of basic nursing knowledge.
For more information, call the Methodist Health System Department of Education at 214-947-1550.