Helping you get home — Methodist social services
There's no place like home. To help our patients get home as soon as safely possible with all of the continuing care they need, Methodist Health System has a team of more than 30 dedicated social service professionals.
This team works closely with our physicians, nutritionists, physical therapists, pharmacists, and nurses to determine each patient's immediate and long-term medical, physical, and mental needs. Based on this assessment, the social service team works with the patient's insurance company as well as local, regional, and national agencies to coordinate services such as:
- Help paying for medications and medical supplies
- Connecting with local food and clothing banks
- In-home medical care
- Meals on Wheels
- Errand services
- Housekeeping assistance
- Finding local support groups
- Determining eligibility for Medicare or Medicaid
Methodist's unique social services system assigns a case coordinator and social worker team to each individual. Their coordinated and combined expertise help ensure more efficient and thorough attention to every person in our care.
- The section below will allow patients to search for additional resources after they have been discharged.