Website Terms & Conditions
Methodist Health System Website Terms and Conditions
This website is published by Methodist Health System (MHS).
The contents of this site are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consult with your physician or other health care providers regarding any medical conditions or decisions about medical care.
If you believe you have a life threatening emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital.
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System, Methodist Dallas Medical Center, Methodist Charlton Medical Center, Methodist Mansfield Medical Center, Methodist Richardson Medical Center, or any other affiliated institution.
Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
Methodist Health System is committed to ensuring that our website is used as a resource to fulfill our mission — to improve and save lives through compassionate quality health care. To that end, Methodist Health System is committed to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our website. It is our goal to maintain high standards of website privacy so our visitors may use the site for health care information needs.
Using Collected Information
- Methodist Health System does not sell, share, or release personal information about its website visitors to any third parties for non-MHS business related purposes, unless compelled by law. Some of the ways in which we may use information you provide include:
- Personal information, if provided by you, may be used to distribute materials such as marketing and promotional materials and e-newsletters, related to your areas of interest.
- The information we collect about the domain name of the server from which you are visiting is aggregated and used to determine the number of visitors to our site each day and sources of traffic.
- Email addresses provided by visitors are used to respond to comments submitted through our feedback survey forms, when indicated. Email addresses provided when registering for classes or events or for online education or marketing programs may be used to communicate with registrants about those classes, events, or programs. Email addresses provided when subscribing to the email newsletters are used to distribute the newsletter via email to subscribers.
- If a website visitor asks us to send material that cannot be transmitted electronically, we will need to know the visitor's name, email address and mailing address. We will use that information to fulfill the visitor's request.
- In order to have access to the services and content available on our site, you may be required to complete a registration form that requests certain information, such as name, telephone number, date of birth, mailing address, and email address.
- Information submitted through individual forms may have additional disclaimer information. Read each form carefully before submitting it.
Methodist Health System occasionally uses web logs and temporary cookies to gather aggregated and identifiable information about its site visitors. Cookies are small files of information generated by a website and saved by your web browser. Their purpose is to store information about a visitor, to provide a more helpful and efficient experience for that visitor. Specifically, Methodist Health System may use this technology to recognize a visitor’s website behavior throughout our website, to help us understand how people use our website. The information we collect will allow us to identify a revisit to our website and tailor helpful information (both on our websites and on other websites) to you based on your interactions with us while visiting our website.
If you would like to opt out of receiving information based on your website history, many browsers allow you to decline or deactivate cookies. If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer to access our website, you may change your Internet options by choosing Tools, located at the top of your internet window, select Internet Options, in the drop down menu, choose Privacy and change the settings to reflect the preferable option.
If you would like to opt out of a third-party vendor’s cookie-enabled interest-based advertising, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of the information discussed above.
Changes in this policy will be posted on this page so that you can be aware of what information is being collected, how it is being used, and under what circumstances it is being disclosed.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Methodist Health System Internet site may contain links to other Internet sites ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under the control of Methodist Health System, and Methodist is not responsible for the content of any Linked Site that is not under its control, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. Likewise, Methodist is not responsible for any information you may provide at any of the Linked Sites, and Methodist provides no assurances of how any Linked Site may use or disclose information you provide. Methodist is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. Methodist is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Methodist Health System of the site or any association with its operators.
Methodist Health System has adopted and adheres to stringent security standards designed to protect non-public personal information against accidental or unauthorized access or disclosure. Among the safeguards that Methodist Health System has developed for this site are administrative, physical, and technical barriers that together form a protective firewall around the information stored at this site.
Notice of Privacy Practices
Read Methodist Health System's Notice of Privacy Practices, which includes information about patient privacy, protected health information, and how to contact the Methodist Health System HIPAA Privacy Officer.
Reviewed January 2015