Physical Therapy at Methodist Richardson
Physical, occupational, and speech therapy at Methodist Richardson Medical Center
Methodist Richardson Medical Center provides comprehensive outpatient physical medicine and rehabilitation services for a wide variety of conditions.
We provide one-to-one therapist to patient care to ensure individualized personal attention to each patient. We have a dedicated staff of experienced and talented therapists with a wide range of specializations, striving to provide the best possible outcome and experience for all our patients.
Methodist Richardson Rehabilitation Center highlights include:
- One-to-one therapist to patient treatments
- Spacious gym with panoramic view and private treatment rooms
- Individualized rehabilitation programs to address each patient's specific needs
- Convenient location near the main hospital
Types of specialized physical medicine treatment
- Sports related injuries/surgeries
- Musculoskeletal conditions and/or injuries to the back, neck, upper extremities, and lower extremities
- Total joint replacements including:
- Multiple trauma
- Neurological conditions including
- Autoimmune disorders including
- Vestibular and balance disorders
- Augmentative communication for people who have lost the ability to express needs verbally, including post-laryngectomy patients
- Dysphagia treatment for individuals with swallowing problems
- Assessment of speech-language cognitive skills
- Post-mastectomy treatment
- Certified lymphedema treatment program
- Physical rehabilitation for cancer patients
Comprehensive rehabilitation techniques and equipment
- Manual therapy techniques including Myofascial Release, Craniosacral Therapy and Lymph Drainage Therapy
- Vestibular and balance therapy
- Compression bandaging
- Resistance equipment
- Cardiovascular equipment
- Large elevated exercise mats
- Mechanical traction tables
- Full array of modalities: ultrasound, electrical stimulation, heat/cold modalities
- Custom splint fabrication
- Vital-Stim for Dysphagia Therapy
- Lee Silverman Voice Therapy (LSVT)
Massage therapy services
Our Physical Therapy Department offers massage therapy services. Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 972-498-4718 to schedule an appointment.
A physician's referral is required to begin treatment. Patients may be referred by their personal physician or specialist. To schedule outpatient physical medicine services, please call 972-498-4718.
1977 N. Collins Blvd.
Richardson, TX 75080
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System, Methodist Dallas Medical Center, Methodist Charlton Medical Center, Methodist Mansfield Medical Center, Methodist Richardson Medical Center, or any other affiliated institution.