RN Refresher Course
Methodist Health System RN Refresher Course
Applications for the next RN Refresher Course scheduled to begin July13, 2015, will be available starting April 13, 2015.
Methodist Dallas Medical Center, in collaboration with Methodist Charlton Medical Center and Methodist Richardson Medical Center, offers a 16-week RN Refresher Course that provides registered nurses, who are preparing to return to active employment in an acute care facility, the opportunity to gain and apply current knowledge, technology, and clinical experiences to previously acquired formal nursing education and skills competency.
- 16-week refresher course
- Combines online class work with skills workshops and 80 hours of supervised clinical experience
- Clinicals are held at Methodist Dallas, Methodist Charlton, or Methodist Richardson medical centers
- Fulfills all Texas Board of Nursing requirements for licensure reinstatement
- Must be an active or inactive registered nurse
- Must have computer: PC or Mac desktop or laptop with internet access (DSL or faster)
- Must be able to attend all mandatory skills workshops. No make-up dates.
- Must have current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR card
- All immunizations must be current (MMR or positive titer, Tetanus/Diphtheria within past 10 years, Hepatitis B series)
- Tuberculosis screening: Mantoux/PPD or Chest X-ray
- Flu vaccine is required
- Must be physically able to perform patient care and lift at least 50 lbs
Tuition and Fees
- Course tuition is $895
- RN Refresher packet, which includes skills video series and nursing review book with online access, is approximately $400
- Criminal background check is $45
- Royal blue scrubs
Application and Contact
Following application, candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview and testing of basic nursing knowledge.
For more information, call the Methodist Health System Department of Education at 214-947-1550.