Psychiatric Inpatient Care
Short-term, crisis stabilization for mental health disorders and addiction
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
The psychiatric inpatient unit at Methodist Richardson Medical Center is a short-term, crisis stabilization center for patients 18 years of age and older. Patients receive 24-hour nursing care and daily program structure, which provides a safe environment during the most critical stage of treatment. Individualized treatment plans are tailored to address the needs of each patient.
Inpatient services include but are not limited to the following:
- Individual case management
- Group therapy
- Daily 12 step meetings
- Family group and conjoint family therapy as needed
- Education about medication, nutrition, pain management, and wellness
- Education about coping skills, communication, and assertiveness
- Activities therapy
- Discharge planning
The program is based on the following beliefs:
- Most psychiatric disorders can be treated on a short-term basis utilizing medications and strengthening existing coping resources.
- Treatment that offers a safe and therapeutic environment in which a patient can explore thoughts and feelings through a highly structured program promotes a more successful transition back to the patient's previous level of functioning.
- Psychiatric disorders involve a combination of biological and environmental factors that can be most effectively treated by a treatment team with a multidisciplinary approach to treatment.
- Psychiatric disorders may affect every member of the patient's family.
Upon conclusion, some patients transition to Methodist Richardson's Partial Day Hospitalization Program or Intensive Outpatient Program for ongoing psychological support.
For more information, call Methodist Richardson's Mental Health Services HelpLine at 469-204-6920.
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Richardson Medical Center medical staff, including those physicians and psychiatrists practicing in the mental health and addication recovery fields, are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Richardson Medical Center or Methodist Health System.