Principals’ Fitness Challenge
Thanks to all who participated in the Principals' Fitness Challenge, sponsored by Methodist Mansfield Medical Center!
In a world where life is constantly on the move, people need solutions to fit into their ever-changing schedules. Methodist Mansfield Medical Center is making it easier for Mansfield Independent School District to stay healthy by offering free pedometers for every teacher in the district. And to help them get moving, Methodist Mansfield is offering the Principals' Fitness Challenge. The Principals' Fitness Challenge is a free 12-week program that is simple to follow and allows participants to take the first steps towards living a healthier lifestyle by increasing their physical activity and improving their nutrition.
The Principals' Fitness Challenge
- The Principals' Fitness Challenge increases awareness of the importance of daily exercise and good nutrition through challenges every two weeks to establish healthier habits.
- The principals will serve as examples to teachers, students and our community as they work towards better health and, in the process, win prizes.
- The elementary and middle school with the most points at the end of the challenge will win ActivExpression Clickers (25 for elementary and 32 for secondary) — a value of more than $15,000 in services and resources — to help you get fit.
Are you ready to step out and lead your district to good health?
Then the Principals' Fitness Challenge sponsored by Methodist Mansfield Medical Center is for you. Total time commitment is less than 2 hours per week!
- Principals will compete in a 12-week health and fitness competition.
- Every 14 days beginning on or before October 18th a challenge will be posted online for each principal to complete every day.
- Each day the principal will record whether they succeeded at that day's challenge.
- At the end of each of the 14 day challenges, the principal will add up the number of days he or she succeeded in the challenge.
- Succeeding all 14 days earns the principal 3 points for the challenge.
- Succeeding 12 of the 14 days earns 2 points.
- Succeeding 10 of the 14 days earns 1 point.
- Each principal will email the total number of points earned to email@example.com by 4 p.m. on the Wednesday immediately following the end of the challenge.
- Bonus points can be earned by having teachers and students join your challenge each week.
- Earn one point for each teacher you have participating with you on the 14 day challenge and 2 points for every student.
The results of the challenge will be reported and posted on the Mansfield Independent School District and Methodist Mansfield Medical Center websites every two weeks along with a photograph of the winning principals' school. The results will also be announced every 14 days during homeroom announcements. Local advertisements might also highlight the winning principals during the 12-week program.
MISD Communications Department or students from Ben Barber Career Tech Academy will create a video documenting the principal's progress throughout the 12-week challenge. The video will be featured on the Mansfield Independent School District's and Methodist Mansfield websites.