Treating the cancer while caring for you — cancer support and resources at Methodist Health System
Because we know that the effects of cancer go beyond you and your body, the Methodist Health System cancer program focuses on the well-being of the whole family.
We've gathered these links and information to make it easier for you to find answers to the questions you may have when dealing with a cancer diagnosis and treatment.
In addition to providing compassionate, leading-edge cancer care, the staff in the Methodist Health System cancer program can provide education about cancer, hope, empathy, and help with difficult decisions.
Cancer patient and family resources available at Methodist Health System
- Cancer nurse navigators – to ensure that patients and families are receiving needed support and resources
- Linda Gage, BS, RN, OCN, breast oncology nurse navigator, Methodist Dallas, 214-947-1771
- Alejandra Waddle, BSN, RN, survivorshiponcology nurse navigator, Methodist Dallas, 214-947-3623
- Candice DeLuna, BSN, RN, GI oncology nurse navigator, Methodist Dallas,214-933-6615
- Erica Harris, BSN, RN, oncology nurse navigator, Methodist Charlton, 214-947-5479
- Michelle Naranjo, BSN, RN, radiology nurse navigator, Methodist Mansfield, 682-622-7216
- Jane Reeves, BS, RN, CBCN, ONN-CG, oncology nurse navigator, Methodist Richardson, 469-204-6115
- Alyssa Chapates, BSN, RN, OCN, GI oncology nurse navigator, Methodist Richardson, 469-204-6132
- American Cancer Society patient navigator
- Cancer support groups
- Bradie James Breast Cancer Resource Center at Methodist Dallas
- Buddy network for esophageal cancer
- Nutrition support – Making careful food choices will help support your immune system's fight against cancer. The foods you choose to eat during treatment will vary according to any side effects you may have.
- Palliative and supportive care
- Referral to hospice care
- Methodist Richardson Cancer Center
Online cancer resources
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System.