Methodist Mansfield Opens Expanded Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
In late 2009, Methodist Mansfield Medical Center completed work on a new 7,496 square foot Intensive Care Unit (ICU) that doubles the existing facility. Additions include:
- Eight ICU rooms featuring wider windows and shades
- Larger work stations for physicians and staff
- Soothing artwork
The new space also helps meet demand with a more efficient, more effective design to significantly improve the patient experience.
Completing the ICU marks another phase of construction in the Emergency Department expansion project. The Emergency Department will move into a new 10,644 square foot area as renovation continues to remodel the existing 14,368 square foot Emergency Department. Emergency Department improvements include:
- A new triage area
- Addition of two ambulance bays
- A larger decontamination area
- Expanded capacity with 17 additional treatment rooms for a total of 35
In planning the new space, a team of Emergency Department staff collaborated to increase customer satisfaction, efficiency, and processing procedures.