Methodist Mansfield Emergency Care
Emergency Care at Methodist Mansfield Medical Center
In 2014, Methodist Mansfield was voted Best Hospital and Best Emergency Department in the Living Magazine Best of Arlington and Mansfield Reader's Choice Awards.
Emergency care is an integral component of Methodist Mansfield's mission to provide for our community's health.
Emergency care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
All care provided in the emergency department is performed by or under the supervision and guidance of independently practicing physicians on the medical staff at Methodist Health System. Assisting with the care provided by the independently practicing physicians are:
- Registered nurses
- Respiratory therapists
Every minute counts: Call 911
If you think you or someone you know is having a heart attack or stroke, call 911 immediately. Do not drive to the hospital.
By calling 911 at the first sign of symptoms, you buy yourself time. Plus, you give emergency medical personnel the opportunity to start care on-site and en route to the hospital.
The clock is ticking, and every minute counts. The longer you wait, the greater your risk for losing heart muscle, brain cells, and quality of life.
Walk-in entrance and drive-up access to emergency care
The Emergency Department at Methodist Mansfield has a separate walk-in entrance and separate waiting area to maintain privacy and help control infection. Drive-up access is available for emergency patients arriving in their own vehicle or being brought in by a family member or someone else.
Prepared for every kind of medical emergency
The Methodist Mansfield emergency department is equipped with:
- Crash carts, airway carts, and procedural trays, in private emergency treatment rooms, to provide the optimum level of emergency care to save someone's life
- Large cardiac resuscitation rooms equipped to handle life-threatening emergencies, such as a full cardiac arrest or heart attack
- A general radiography room which allows for quick access of general diagnostic studies to obtain results in a timely manner
- Rapid access to ICU, CT/MRI, and other critical diagnostics as warranted by the patient's condition
- Interventional cardiology services around the clock to handle patients experiencing cardiac symptoms or actually having a heart attack
- A cardiac cath lab and surgery suites for heart and cardiopulmonary services
Emergency treatment rooms have:
- Private walls
- Special equipment and lighting to provide optimum visibility
- Most equipment conveniently located in the room for quick set-up
- Easy access to hallway bathroom
Some emergency department treatment rooms are isolation-negative pressure rooms, specifically designed with special air flow ducts that control the airflow in the rooms to better control or isolate an airborne infection.
Methodist Mansfield Medical Center
2700 E. Broad Street
Mansfield, Texas 76063
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System.