Cardiology Services at Methodist Dallas
Cardiac care at the Sam & Anne Kesner Heart Center at Methodist Dallas Medical Center
The Sam & Anne Kesner Heart Center at Methodist Dallas offers some of the most advanced cardiac care and cardiology services available in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
More than 20,000 square feet of space located in Pavilion II of the Methodist Dallas Medical Center campus is dedicated solely to providing patients with heart care. Having this single, centralized heart care center for all cardiac diagnostic tests and heart treatments means less travel for our patients and their family members--just one of the ways we're committed to taking care of our community.
Specialized cardiac labs
Four specialized labs form the foundation of our cardiology services at the Sam & Anne Kesner Heart Center:
- Two of these labs are devoted to cardiac catheterization and interventional cardiology. These procedures involve small, flexible catheters, wires, balloons, and stents that are threaded into coronary blood vessels by a cardiologist to diagnose and treat heart problems.
- Two labs dedicated to electrophysiology (EP), which deals specifically with diagnosing and treating electrical abnormalities and arrhythmias of the heart.
Our heart care center also offers heart surgeries, and comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation to help people return to full health after heart attacks.
New Defibrillator at Methodist Dallas Protects Patients at Risk for Sudden Cardiac Arrest; Leaves Heart Untouched – May 2, 2014
Committed to Excellence in Heart Care
- Platinum Performance Achievement Award: American College of Cardiology (ACC) Foundation’s NCDR ACTION Registry®–GWTG™
Methodist Dallas was presented this award for excellence in heart attack care at the American Heart Association (AHA) Scientific Sessions national meeting in Dallas in 2013.
- ICAEL-accredited Echocardiology Lab
The echocardiography department at Methodist Dallas is accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL)—granted only to those facilities that provide high-quality echocardiography services in line with nationally recognized standards.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Certification: American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR).
The cardiac rehabilitation program at the Folsom Fitness and Rehabilitation Center at Methodist Dallas Medical Center has been certified by the AACVPR for helping patients regain optimal health while reducing the risk of futrue heart problems.
See a Cardiac Care Specialist
Find a heart physician at the Sam & Anne Kesner Heart Center--or call us at 214-947-2750 for more information about our comprehensive cardiology services.
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff, are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System or any of its affiliated hospitals.
The contents of this site are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consult with your physician or other health care provider regarding any medical conditions or decisions about medical care.