Breast Center at Methodist Dallas
Comprehensive, coordinated breast health and breast cancer treatment in a compassionate, caring environment
The multidisciplinary Breast Center at Methodist Dallas offers complete breast health services from education and early detection, including our mobile mammography program, to the latest in breast cancer treatment options and support.
Watch a video about the experience at the multidisciplinary Breast Center at Methodist Dallas.
The Breast Center at Methodist Dallas provides breast cancer patients and their families a coordinated, integrated, multidisciplinary approach to care, including:
- Some of the most advanced screening and diagnostic services for patients with breast cancer, including digital mammography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, stereotactic breast biopsies and surgical biopsies
- A nurse navigator to help breast cancer patients and their families understand the decisions and options that need to be made during breast cancer treatment
- Timely coordination of tests and appointments – some available the same day as physician appointments
- A complete supportive care team including dietary, pain management, palliative care, and breast cancer patient support groups
- Comprehensive patient education materials to help patients and their families understand breast cancer and actively and confidently participate in treatment decisions
- Breast cancer support groups and services including:
- Risk Counseling
- Genetic Testing
- Research and clinical trials
Multidisciplinary cancer care
Methodist provides a location for a multidisciplinary team to work with patients to develop the most appropriate treatment plans to meet patients' unique needs. One of the benefits of multidisciplinary care is that the patient can get the opinion of a group of specialists and can feel more confident that they have explored all of their options.
The multidisciplinary team of breast health specialists includes:
- Medical oncologists
- Gynecologic oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Reconstructive surgeons
- Lymphedema therapists
- Genetic counselors
- Oncology nurse navigator
- Social workers
- A variety of other social service professionals dedicated to providing outstanding patient care
Patient cases are reviewed by a Tumor Board, which is a treatment planning approach where a number of specialists review and discuss the condition and treatment options for a patient.
Oncology Nurse Navigator
The patient care experience at the Breast Center at Methodist Dallas benefits from an experienced oncology nurse navigator who works directly with patients throughout breast cancer treatment to answer questions and coordinate care and appointments. Our Oncology Nurse Navigator program is designed to support our patients through the entire process and to provide a knowledgeable advocate to help patients navigate a complex process. We want each of our patients to be active and educated about their disease and its treatment so that they can confidently participate in their treatment decisions.
For more information about breast cancer services at the Breast Center at Methodist Dallas, call 214-947-1771.
Keep the date for your mammogram
When should you start getting mammograms? And how often do you need them? In this video, physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff share best practices for women to take charge of their breast health. They also share details about some of Methodist’s innovative programs that empower women when it comes to their wellness.
The cancer program at Methodist Dallas was one of three in Texas to earn the 2013
Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on
The Breast Center at Methodist Dallas has received a three-year, full accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), for its commitment to offer patients every significant advantage in their battle against breast cancer and breast disease.
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System or any other affiliated institution.