Methodist Dallas Auxiliary
Methodist Dallas Medical Center Auxiliary – serving the community for more than 90 years
Auxiliary Objective | History | Officers | Volunteer Opportunities | Scholarship Program | Membership | Meeting Schedule
Objective of the Methodist Dallas Medical Center Auxiliary
The objective of the Methodist Dallas Medical Center Auxiliary shall be to stimulate interest of Christian persons regardless of their religious affiliations, in the spirit of serving, with compassion, integrity and respect, for the programs of Methodist Dallas Medical Center.
History of the Auxiliary
Organized in 1922, the Auxiliary has supported Methodist Dallas for 90 years through funding special needs and through contributing more than 8,000 hours annually in volunteer time. Donations have included:
- Annual donation for purchases of hospital equipment and furnishings
- Scholarship funds for those pursuing medical careers and for Pastoral Care
- Funding for hospital building projects including $25,000 for the Charles A. Sammons Trauma and Critical Care Tower
- Donation of the cross atop Methodist Dallas Medical Center
|Sylvia Wayne - President
2013 – 2014 Auxiliary Officers
- Sylvia Wayne – President
- Cleo Holden – Vice President Programs
- Lois Hesse – Vice President Clinical and Social Services
- Jane Morris – Recording Secretary
- Joyce Whiteley – Corresponding Secretary
- Janice Brown – Treasurer
- Natherine Sims – Membership Chairperson
- Shirley Pleasant – Nominating Chairperson
- Katie Frank Slack – Parliamentarian
- Betty Binion and Joan Quiett – Registrars
Auxiliary Programs and Volunteer Opportunities
| Methodist Dallas Gift Shop
- Gift Shop Staffing
Monday through Friday — 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday — 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Pecan sales – beginning November 6 through December
- Jewelry and book sales
- Sewing or knitting of quilts, blankets, caps for premature babies, and other items for patients (patterns are available)
- So much more!
To promote area students in the medical field of nursing and paramedical (allied) professions within the Methodist Dallas Medical Center and surrounding communities. Please click on the link for application. Follow instructions for returning and processing of your application, you may call Gloria Carter at 214-941-7780 or Sylvia Wayne at 214-374-2202 for questions.
Help to continue this great work by sharing your time and talents. Interested in joining the Methodist Dallas Medical Center Auxiliary? We welcome new auxiliary members and volunteers. Contact Sylvia Wayne, president, at 214-374-3014.
First Thursday of every month (except for 40January, June, July, and August) 10 a.m. to noon
10 a.m. to noon
Methodist Dallas Medical Center
Service Building, David H. Hitt Auditorium
1441 N. Beckley Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75203
A jolly time was had by all at the Methodist Dallas Auxiliary Annual Christmas luncheon!
Attendees included seated: past president Carol Bliz, from left: Nancy Buchtel, past auxiliary president; Jessica O’Neal, vice president of operations; David Clark, president Methodist Dallas Medical Center; Michael Faulkenberry, administrative resident; and Sylvia Wayne, current auxiliary president.
Below seated with David Clark: Auxilian *and* centenarian Marguerite Wade