Methodist Dallas Medical Center
Methodist Dallas – committed to our community, committed to your care
Since 1927, Methodist Dallas Medical Center has served North Texas as a leader in sophisticated, compassionate medical care with world-class medical education and residency programs. We're also the main teaching and referral center for Methodist Health System and one of the leading teaching and referral hospitals in all of Texas.
Our hospital features all-private rooms with 515 beds, and the medical staff at Methodist Dallas includes more than 250 physicians with expertise in more than 60 medical specialties.
Methodist Dallas has been recognized among the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures™ by The Joint Commission for achieving excellence in using evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and stroke during the 2012 calendar year.
Services and programs available at Methodist Dallas
We're especially proud to offer:
- Emergency Department and Level I Trauma Center – one of only three emergency departments in Dallas that provide adult trauma care
Charles A. Sammons Trauma and Critical Care Tower
- Accredited comprehensive Cancer Program, including a full range of sophisticated, compassionate, and progressive cancer treatment services, coordinated by a cancer patient navigator
Recognized with the Outstanding Achievement Award from the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) that serves as a referral center for more than 30 hospitals in North and East Texas
- The Methodist Dallas Transplant Institute, long-standing, patient-centered organ transplant program for adult liver, kidney, and pancreas transplants
- The Sam & Anne Kesner Heart Center, featuring advanced cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology laboratories, providing some of the latest noninvasive and conventional diagnostic, interventional, surgical, and rehabilitative services for cardiac care
American College of Cardiology (ACC) Foundation’s NCDR ACTION Registry®–GWTG™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award for excellence in heart attack care
- da Vinci® Surgical System, robot-assisted, minimally invasive surgery
- Breast Center at Methodist Dallas – recognized by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- Bradie James Breast Cancer Resource Center
- The Methodist Dallas John R. Ford Center for Digestive Health, a regional leader for diagnosis and treatment of gastroenterology disorders
- The Methodist neurosciences program and the Methodist Moody Brain and Spine Institute, diagnostics and treatment — including minimally invasive brain and spine surgery — for the full spectrum of brain and spinal conditions
- The Methodist Joint Academy, preparing hip, knee, and shoulder joint replacement candidates for surgery — mentally and physically
The Hip Joint Replacement and Knee Joint Replacement programs at Methodist Dallas have both been certified by The Joint Commission.
- Pancreatic Program – Certified by The Joint Commission for Pancreatic Surgery and Pancreatic Cancer
- Methodist Dallas is the first hospital in the nation awarded certification by The Joint Commission for pancreatic surgery and the first in Texas awarded certification for pancreatic cancer.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Urology services, recognized for excellence by U.S. News & World Report.
- Vascular surgery services
- Certified Stroke Care – designated as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association
- The Methodist Weight Management Institute, offering an all-encompassing approach to weight loss whether patients opt for a medical approach to weight loss or weight-loss surgery
Accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) of the American College of Surgeons (ACS).
- Women and Children's services featuring personalized and expert maternity care, childbirth education classes, Texas Ten Step facility for breastfeeding care and support, and all-digital, full-service radiology including digital mammography and breast MRI.
- Community-strengthening programs and services, such as health education and screenings, bilingual support groups, and the Generations resource center, assisting older adults
Who are your heroes?
Who are your heroes? Celebrities? Athletes? Or those few who stand ready to act in life and death situations. Ready to step in, step up, and dedicate their lives…to saving lives. Unsung heroes who, instead of seeking the spotlight, choose to shine as light to others. Serving as lifesaving beacons of health and hope. So…who are your heroes?
Guided by the founding principles of life, learning, and compassion, Methodist Dallas Medical Center provides quality health care to more than 175,000 patients per year. Our commitment to the highest standards for health care helped earn us a Gold Seal of ApprovalTM from the Joint Commission. We are committed to our community. We are committed to your care.
Methodist Dallas Medical Center
1441 N. Beckley Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75203
1-800-725-9664 – toll free
214-947-0000 – physician referral service
877-637-4297 – physician referral service toll-free
PatientRepDallas@mhd.com – for comments or questions about your hospital stay
Maps and directions
Hospital campus map
Horseshoe Project, construction along both interstate highways 30 and 35E across the Trinity River
Methodist Dallas Medical Center at a glance*
| Residents trained
| Transplant cases
| ER visits
| Patient discharges
| Outpatient visits
(includes ED visits)
| Active volunteers
| *2013 data
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System.