Methodist Health System — committed to caring for our community
Since its founding in 1927, Methodist has had a strong connection to the communities it serves. If it’s happening in your community, Methodist Health System is a part of it. We are committed to improving the health and quality of life of the residents in the communities we serve. This commitment is on display every day through the many programs and services we provide, including:
- Community Health Needs Assessments
- Generations, Senior Services – health and wellness seminars, social activities and services assisting older adults
- Heart of the Community – community heart health program, raising awareness of heart disease
- Mobile Mammography – early detection and treatment for breast cancer
- Asian Breast Health Outreach Project – providing education and mammogram screenings for uninsured and under insured Asian women over the age of 40
- A Year of Living and Giving – breast cancer fundraising campaign to raise funds to provide critically needed mammography services to the women living in Southern Dallas County
- Prostate Screening and Awareness Program (PSAP) – screening men for prostate cancer since 2000
- Life Shines Bright Pregnancy Program – working in partnership with the March of Dimes to reduce the risk of preterm birth
- Congregational Health Ministry – providing health resources to area churches in an effort to improve the physical and spiritual health of the people in those congregations
- Community health education events – including programs on heart health, women's health, men's health, weight-loss, back pain, and more
- Principals' Fitness Challenge – promoting healthy lifestyles in the Mansfield ISD, creating fun ways for the principals, teachers, students, and parents to be more
active, eat better, and get healthy
- City wellness programs – educational programs and health screenings for local city employees
- View our community report to learn more about programs and activities Methodist actively supports to help improve the health and quality of life of the residents in the communities we serve in North Texas.
Interested in working with Methodist Health System? Complete the online Community Service Request Form.
At Methodist Health System our mission is to improve and save lives through compassionate, quality health care. We're delighted to share with you some of the many ways we fulfilled that mission at the hospitals of Methodist Health System.
2013 Community Highlights