Joint Academy Curriculum
Preparing students to say goodbye to knee and hip problems forever, together
The more you know, the more at ease you will feel with your decision to have hip replacement, knee replacement, or shoulder replacement surgery.
In a comfortable, classroom setting, the comprehensive Methodist Charlton Joint Academy workshop covers:
- Hip, knee, and shoulder anatomy
- Joint replacement techniques, including minimally invasive joint replacement surgery
- Safety, benefits, and risks of surgery
- Pre-op preparation to optimize the success of surgery
- Planning and preparing for recovery and post-op rehabilitation
- Question and answer session with caregivers
- Admissions and preregistration
- Recommendations on how to enjoy restored mobility and daily life
The Methodist Joint Academy is taught by health care professionals, including those who may be caring for you during your hospital stay.
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff, including those practicing in connection with the Methodist Joint Academy, are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System, Methodist Dallas Medical Center, Methodist Charlton Medical Center, or Methodist Mansfield Medical Center.